An animal rescue in the U.K. is dealing with a dog in a first-of-its-kind situation. Woodside Animal Rescue took in a two-year-old Labrador mix and another little pup who both seemed to be suffering from alcohol withdrawal. Unfortunately, the other puppy passed away. However, the Lab mix named Coco pulled through and spent four weeks sedated in order to help with withdrawal symptoms.
Little Coco spent his time convalescing “in a more homey environment” instead of staying in the kennel. The shelter is now happy to announce that Coco is through withdrawals and beginning to act more “dog-like”. The rescue still isn’t sure how Coco became addicted to alcohol but notes The American Kennel Club warns that “alcohol is toxic for dogs and that even just a small amount can cause alcohol poisoning, especially in small puppies.”
Source: New York Post