ESPN basketball analyst Jay Bilas gave the commencement speech at Queens University of Charlotte in North Carolina, and it was awesome.
He actually offered real advice that the graduates in the audience could use. Like, immediately.
His words of wisdom included:
- “Take a lot of pictures. In the future you’re really going to like the way that you look now.”
- “Nobody can make you compromise the standards you set for yourself. You measure your success and happiness, and nobody else. Don’t compare it to others.”
- “When you wear a suit and tie, wear an undershirt.”
- “Love the work that you do now, and the money will follow.”
- And, most importantly… “Don’t click on Internet porn at work.” (TheBigLead)